LTech organised a Digital Security Training Workshop on the 6th of September, 2019 from 02:00 PM – 05:00 PM. in collaboration with the Software Freedom Law Center.
SFLC.in conducts Digital Security
1. Privacy (the legal aspects of the domain)
2. Data Breaches/Leaks (which helps people identify/classify data and take appropriate measures to protect it)
3. Data Profiling (this covers the practices of different actors which profile Internet users according to their activities on the Internet)
4. Threat Modelling (which is a DIY exercise which equips the attendee to gain a better understanding of his/her data)
5. Safety Measures (this module covers general steps which
6. Privacy/Security Tools (this module aims to introduce the attendees to some effective tools that can be used to safeguard the Privacy/Security of the attendees).
7. Social Media Security (this module covers walk-throughs of the privacy settings of different social media platforms/apps).
Why DST sessions are beneficial?
All of us are consumers of digital devices and online services. And none of us can say that we don’t hoard sensitive information in our devices and within our accounts. Take our cellphones for example. Most of us use smartphones for our telecommunications and we also hold sensitive information such as financial information, client contacts, personal messages, images/videos, geo-location and in certain cases,